Our main priority is to make your stay as easy, safe and pleasant as possible!
The term infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite regular and unprotected intercourse for 2 years. However, risk factors such as the woman’s age, abnormal menstrual periods, history of pelvic inflammatory disease and whether there has been previous abdominal or pelvic surgery, history of undescended testicles may warrant earlier investigations and treatment of infertility.
Couples should be aware that 80% will conceive within a year and 90% within two years if they don’t use contraception and have regular intercourse. Although, infertility by itself may not threaten physical health, it does have a serious impact on the mental and social well being of affected couples.
Medicine distinguishes 2 stages of infertility.
1. primary – if pregnancy has not occurred within 12 months with regular sexual relations with a partner (there was neither ectopic, aborted, nor regressing (frozen) pregnancy)
2. secondary – if pregnancy does not recur within 6 months or was preceded by an ectopic pregnancy, regressing (frozen) pregnancy, abotion or miscarriage.
There is aldo the concept of an absolute infertility. In cases, when it is impossible for a woman to get pregnant or give birth in a natural way, for instance because of the anomaly of the structure of uterus or appendages.
Causes of infertility are almost the same during both stages.
1. both partners living an unhealthy lifestyle – smoking, alchohol consumption, stress, unhealthy eating, enthusiasm for diets, bad ecology.
2. Heredity, age-related changes in the body, previous abortion, physiological features
3. Hormonal disorders in woman, endocrine and autoimmune diseases
4. Complications after gynaecological surgeries, surgical interventions or scrotal injuries
5. Endometriosis, fallopian tube obstruction, neoplasms in the ovaries and uterus, myomas, presence of cysts
6. infections: ureaplasma, cytomegalovirus, human papillomavirus, chlamydia and others.
7. Psychological reasons, unexplainable incompatibility of partners
All these reasons can be successfully eliminated! For this, the harmonious work of the whole team is needed: starting from the desire of both partners and trust to the therapist to highly qualified professionals who will be able to choose the right treatment and help Your baby to be born.
In Latvia, clinics of reproductive medicine successfully help in solving problems of infertility.
- diagnosis of every stage and reason of men’s and woman’s infertility, including ultrasound, spermogram, functional test on binding sperm selection with hyaluronic acid (HBA-test), preimplantation genetic diagnosis, tests on the presence of metabolic diseases, sperm analysis using Kruger’s strict criteria
- treatment of all types of sexually transmitted infections, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, fertiloscopy
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection of eggs (ICSI), ZIFT, GIFT, blastocyst cultivation, embrio cultivation in a highly enriched environment, emrio release from the outer shell (assisted hatching), IUI
- possibility to freeze your sperm, as well as eggs and use of donor material if necessary, virtification
- centre of biotechnology and stem cells
- pregnancy care at all times, breastfeeding experts
To make the diagnose process and infertility treatment in Riga faster and easier, we offer you to contact us to receive an online consultation, undertake all necessary tests in our clinic’s laboratory or in your home country and then make an appointment with the doctor to plan Your treatment.
Make a Step closer to meeting Your Child!